Design: Operational – Physical Preparedness and Response (CPTED, Bldg. and grounds)
• Upholding good design practices, maintaining spaces that are appropriate for education
• Security and Design must have a symbiotic relationship
• Incremental approaches to creating safer schools can be applied to both new facilities and existing facilities
• Good design can be cost-effective
• Every child should have a safe place to learn
• Safe school require a holistic design and address all varieties of emergencies (not just products, etc.).
Seven important building design features to enhance school safety and security